Monday, January 12, 2004

hey pple!! *hugz*

okok.... went to ntu's course talks yesterday... attended a talk on bioengineering in ntu, they were talking about possible student exchanges with imperial college which got me kinda excited ("I might be going there!!") haha... the degree takes 4 years leading to a Bachalor in Engineering degree afterwhich you can continue with a 2 years Master in science degree... quite interesting... very relavent, but truthfully, I dun know if I'll actually enjoy it... the course is fine, I'm talking about the career... this degree allows a wide range of career options... but I really dun know: all the jobs sounded boring!!
was thinking of just not going to England for my interviews, the cost of studying medicine in England is... astronomical... ting and I was counting... that's a gapping s$400, 000 for the five years... so, by the time I come back to singapore... I'll have a debt of 400,000!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'll be a houseman!! siao
ting was considering a student loan from the bank... but i dunno... was thinking that if i can't get medicine in Singapore.... I'll forget about it and take biomed or pharmacy...
but you know what?? I think I might really like to be a doctor!! I like the job scope... I like the engagement with the patients... I'll like to help pple in a more direct sense... in all... I think doctors are so noble!!!!!!! bleah...
I dunno larz.... can I just give it up to do biomed engin???????
and guess what??? just found out from Imperial's website that I'll come out of Imperial in 4 years with a MEng degree!! Master of Engineering! but if I stay in Sinapore.. the same no of years gives me a BEng degree (Bachalor of Engineering)... and shuyan was like... "wow!! damn worth it"... and I think so too!! but huh... shldn't master be a postgrad course that takes 2 years top complete after graduation from uni???????
and for Edinburgh.. I'll come out in 3 years after my degree in Pharmacology with an honours degree (if I make the mark to do honours), because if I can get AAB for my A levels, I can gain 2nd year entry!!!
these all are tempting me like dunno what!!!!!!!! was thinking of how stupid it is to take medicine and come out as a houseman after 5/6 years when I am a master after 4 years in imperial....
okie... but interest is the important thing... that's why I'm having a hard time to think...
praying hard now that I do well in my A levels so that I can have a chance in all these courses... *pray*

No comments: