The irony of things...
I went for a blood test yesterday (for the thyriod thing).
The nurses took my blood, "poked" 3 times into my arms (1 each on the inner part of my elbow... don't ask me what's the medical term... lateral's opposite? argh... whatever... can one of the medics tell me? lazy to check book, I'm a lousy bioengineer lar... anyway, and one on the back of my left palm), and took around 15ml of my blood AND I had to pay... 130 dollars for it. (I had my ATCH and cortisol levels checked in addition to my T3 and T4 levels because I have dark joints... but it shouldn't be a problem)
Anyway... the irony is that you have to PAY to get your blood taken.
AND... my left palm still hurts!!!!! Shouldn't have suggested that the nurse tries the palm.... in the first place, she didn't manage to get much blood out from there (my vessel constricted when the needle went in... too good veins? = =), and in the second place, I thought she'll use the mini butterfly needle that they used at gleneagles... but she used the same kind of needle she used on the inners of my elbow (ie: the needle's diameter is BIG. peng).
You know... when the needle's inside my arm and the nurse's wiggling around to find the vein... I can imagine my flesh being meshed up slightly under the epidermis... like... a food processer.
well... but no worries, I don't blame the nurse or anything, I know I have deep veins and well.. she's doing her job yeah?
No comments:
Post a Comment