Got my posting... I'm gonna be an English Teacher in this quaint little place called Takayama (which literally means high mountain) for the next year~
Hmm... a google search says the place is... high altitute, located right smack in the middle of NUMEROUS mountains, lowest tempt is below 0 degree celsius for 120 days a year... so cold you'll need to put your butter in the refrigerator during winter (because the temperature in the refrigerator is warmer than the room temperature)... hmmmmmmm... INAKA. (countryside)
But on the flip side, I'll have rice paddys (no worries about the rice shortage in Asia - mum says I should send some home every month), onsen(hotspring) , a chance to build a snow totoro-chan, a little kyoto near by, sakuras (cherry blossoms) and matsuris (festivals).
Mum's asking if the area's earthquake prone... I hope they have earthquake proof housing.
On the whole... seems like a pretty nice place to visit. If anyone's planning a holiday trip to Gifu-prefecture, Takayama-city, let me know. ^^
and for updates on my life... just finished my FYP presentation. Results are coming out on 30 May. I hope I get my 2nd upper. Working as a part-time research assistant in my prof's lab now.. need to get the draft of a paper out by next week... (= =)
AND do watch Takuya's new drama "Change" on tudou.com. It's hilarious. I love Asakura-chan's Alfro natural curls. *ruffles the bird's nest on his head*
1 comment:
Welcome to Takayama! It's a fantastic place ^_^
Post a Comment